Community Care Clinic of Dare
The Community Care Clinic of Dare provides basic healthcare, medication assistance, and wellness education for financially challenged, uninsured persons living or working in Dare County.
The Nags Head facility operates Monday through Thursday during the hours of 9am to 2pm. There is access at any of these times for Patient Registration and Information. Then they have free medical clinic and medication dispensing on Monday and Wednesday from 9am until 2pm. Additionally, there are two evening clinics a month; one in Frisco and one in Nags Head.
There is a satellite office for Hatteras Island located in the County Health & Human Services at the Frisco Campus. Patient registration and information and free medical clinic and medication dispensing is only currently available on Tuesday from 6pm. to 9pm.
The Community Care Clinic of Dare WILL provide:
- Basic (non-emergency) medical care.
- Specialty care referrals when possible.
- Prescription drug access (excluding pain medication) through voucher and Prescription Assistance Programs.
- Health education.
- Inter-agency referrals.
- Immediate referrals for our mental health population.
The C.C.C. of Dare IS UNABLE to provide:
- Emergency or urgent care services.
- Access to narcotics or other controlled medications, including those for pain management.
- Obstetrical and gynecological (OB-GYN) care.
The modern economy of the Outer Banks is defined almost completely by the fact that it is a major U.S. resort area. As a result, there is a large labor force who mostly only “make hay while the sun shines.” This is where Community Care Clinic of Dare comes in.
Contact us with any questions.